Thursday, 5 April 2012

New Life, New Venture

I am lucky enough to have been offered voluntary redundancy and early retirement from my employer. My only concern is what to do with myself after retirement! She Who Must Be Obeyed is sure to develop long lists of things that need to be done, but I aim to pace myself with chores so that I can spend some time enjoying doing what I enjoy!

One idea is to get a dog. That will cover a few bases - walking, exercise and love of dogs!
I'd also like to encourage others into Natural Beekeeping. One obstacle I've heard from a few people is that they cannot build a top-bar hive. Whether it's a lack of time, tools or ability is irrelevant. I enjoy building hive, so topbarbeehive.co.uk is the result. This is certainly not a get rich plan: just compare prices on the internet! I aim to cover my expenses (I hope!) and have a little beer money left over.

The intention is to build the hive that you want, not have a "one size fits all" hive. I'm happy to discuss what you want, what the bees need and what I can do. I will not be cutting any wood until I have an order, so the result should be completely to the specification that we agree.

The First Commission

If you would like to visit to discuss your needs or to see my hives in action, please get in touch, via the web-site - the kettle's never far from boiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment